make problem arts-1.5.3

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 26 17:55:23 BST 2006

>> Which module are you trying to compile?

Duh. I really should read the subject. I'll blame my lack of coffee at that
time in the morning.

> : undefined reference to `pthread_create'

This is the problem - you need to make sure everything's trying to link
against pthread (and not the other threading library, the name of which
I've forgotten). On FreeBSD, I have to add "LDFLAGS=-pthread" to make sure
the thread linking is done correctly. The exact solution probably depends
on your distribution. Which distro are you using?

Regards,
Philip