Unable to locate PostScript driver

David J Brooks daeg at houston.rr.com
Fri Jul 21 10:22:15 BST 2006

I'm trying to connect to a network printer.

Starting at KMenu->Print System->Print Manager I enter administrator mode and
select 'Add printer/class' from the Add menu. This starts the Add Printer
Wizard. I select remote LPD Queue add the host and queue info. At the Printer
Model  Selection page I check the box for Postscript Printer and get a
warning dialog: "Unable to find the Postscript driver."

I have Ghostscript installed and working fine with my local printer, so I KNOW
it's there. Why can't KDE find it? Where is it looking for the postscript
driver?

#uname -a
FreeBSD fuzzy.home.net 6.1-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p3 #21: Sun Jul  9
04:35:28 CDT 2006     root at fuzzy.mshome.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FUZZY  i386

David
--
Sure God created the world in only six days,
but He didn't have an established user-base.