can not use "the KDE sound system" in notifications

LeVA leva at az.isten.hu
Fri Jan 27 10:32:35 GMT 2006

Hi!

I'm running KDE 3.5 and have artsd. Unfortunately when I switch to "Use the
KDE sound system" in KControl / Sound & Mult / System Notif / Player
Settings, the system sounds are not working. This is funny because if I
choose the "Use an external player" and specify 'artsplay' as the player, I
can hear the sounds. So the arts server is working, but do you guys know what
is the problem with the prior case?

Thanks!

Daniel

--