home files deletion after upgrading from 3.2 to 3.4

Konstantin Münning konstantin at muenning.com
Mon Jan 2 17:16:28 GMT 2006

Hi Again!

I think I have found the base of the problem but it confirms that
there's a bug somewhere in the responsible code.

The deletion (move to trash) happens when on login the directory .local
does not exist. Maybe it's only when the .local/share/Trash does not
exist but I haven't tried that.

So when the trash directory is created all files/dirs from users home
are moved therein. When this directory already exists everthing seems to
be OK.

Interestingly only this one user apparently did not have that directory
so I encountered that bug. I don't know why. The former kde version was
3.2, the new one is 3.4 and the distribution is Gentoo.

If anybody is interested in fixing it... :-)

Have a nice day,
Konstatnin