Can't access the panel configuration

Schimara Marek marecek at listonos.cz
Fri Feb 10 22:04:50 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I have upgraded KDE to 3.5.1-1 today (Fedora 3, 2.6.12 kernel) and the panel configuration has disappeared - the page in the control centre is just empty! I already tried to delete whole ~/.kde/ directory but the problem remains.

http://schimara.marek.free.fr/misc/kde/snapshot1.png
http://schimara.marek.free.fr/misc/kde/snapshot2.png

All the files under /usr/share/applnk/Settings/LookNFeel/ look like this:

   [Desktop Entry]
   Encoding=UTF-8
   Hidden=true

The same goes for the files in my home directory. Is this normal? And am I looking at the right place?

Here is the listing of my ~/.kde/applnk/Settings/ dir:

[cheeky at cheeky Settings]$ ls -R
.:
Information  LookNFeel  Network  System  WebBrowsing

./Information:

./LookNFeel:
kcmtaskbar.desktop  panel_appearance.desktop  panel.desktop  Themes

./LookNFeel/Themes:
iconthemes.desktop

./Network:
kcmkisdndock.desktop

./System:
k3bsetup2.desktop

./WebBrowsing:
khtml_appearance.desktop  nsplugin.desktop  smb.desktop

Any help will be appreciated..

Marek