Icons don't stop dancing.

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Sat Dec 16 05:13:35 GMT 2006

> Hi KDEers,
>
> When you double-click on a launcher, a tiny icon begins to
> "dance" near the mouse cursor, but some of them continue
> dancing for 20 seconds or so after the application has been
> launched.  I'm wondering how to fix it.
>
> By the way, I tried to search the net for an answer,
> but I'm stuck, because I don't know what keywords to use.
> For example, I don't know the name of the thing you
> double-click on.  Is it a "lancher", "kicker", or . . .?
> What do you call the tiny icon?  What's the dancing
> behavior is called?
>
> Regards,
> Ryo
Hi!
  It's called "Appearance & Themes/Launch feedback/Bouncing Cursor".
You can find it in your KDE control center.
  You can turn it off completely or modify the time the cursor is bouncing,
when it doesn't receive the app's feedback that it's running.
  It's also possible to disable it on a per-app basis, by modifying the app's
.desktop file and adding
StartupNotify=false
line or modifying true to false if it's already there. I don't know how to
do it natively using KDE GUI (if it's possible at all, formerly it was not).
       With regards, Pavel Troller