Unable to access Internet with Konqueror

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Thu Dec 14 21:27:10 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 19:11, Gary L. Greene, Jr. wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 December 2006 16:52, Gerhard den Hollander wrote:
> > * Nigel Henry <cave.dnb at tiscali.fr> (Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 10:33:22PM
> > +0100)
>
> [snip]
>
> > or even more simple
> >

> > mv ~/.kde ~/.kde-borken
> > (of course that will move all your KDE settings, so only use as last
> > ditch resort)
>
> Never, ever, recommend this, as by default this is where kmail stores its
> mail and konqueror it's bookmarks. Best is to only eliminate the problem
> files. in ~/$KDEHOME/config/ and ~/$KDEHOME/apps/

Gary. What happens if I go for Gerhards suggestion? I'm not bothered about
Kmail, or Konqueror's address list, but do have a lot of music apps on the
desktop. I'm reaching the stage where this problem needs to be resolved.

KDE's superuser filemanager will access the Internet ok when put into
webbrowser mode, and creating a new user will also allow me to connect to
websites with Konqueror.

It appears that more files in .kde/share/config are involved than kio_httprc,
and kioslaverc with this problem, as I've already tried moving them to .bak
files, and restarting KDE with no change.

Any suggestions are welcome to get my original user working with Konqueror,
even if this means losing all my desktop entries.

Nigel.