Amarok need Ruby??

Howard Coles jr dhcolesj at comcast.net
Wed Dec 13 17:03:39 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 5:07 am, Rashid N. Achilov wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 December 2006 14:53, Marek Franke wrote:
> > "Rashid N. Achilov" <achilov-rn at askd.ru> schrieb: Yesterday I had jave
> > tried
>
> to setup amarok 1.4.4 instead of 1.3.8. I had very
>
> > surprised and _very_ frustrated, when I have seen, that amarok port tried
> > to install Ruby!! Why? Why 1.3.8 didn't need it, but 1.4.4 need? What is
> >
> > AFAIK amarok need ruby because there are some plugins based on ruby.
> > Marek
>
> Well, probably. How can I switch off these plugins? I did not need it at
> 1.3.8, so I won't need it and 1.4.4

I'm still  not sure what the big deal is.  What's the problem with installing
python and ruby?  What problems would having them installed cause?
I have them all on my laptop, and pc and I don't have any issues that I'm
aware of that are caused by that.  Maybe if you share what problems it causes
on your PC we'll have cause to investigate a hitherto unknown connection to
another problem.
--

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

	"The act of faith is the obedience of the understanding
	 to God revealing, and the product of that is the obedience
	 of the will to God commanding."
		Matthew Henry, on Romans 1:5

http://home.comcast.net/~dhcolesj