Laptop power management

Sun Dec 3 17:46:12 GMT 2006

I recently purchased a laptop and now i am happy with Linux KDE setup exept
for the battery life.

I get about 2 hrs but expect over 3. Which is the better power management
tool out there? I have tried the native to kubuntu power management,
klaptop and kpowersave.

Functionality of kubuntu's power management is flawless but is very limited.
I liked the flexibily of klaptop and the features of kpowersave and would
ideally like a combination of them all.

One question along the same lines. I believe there is an amount of
functionality provided by "HAL". Could anyone here point me to where i can
getmore information on HAL? I want to know what are the low level power
anagement fuctionality available there to see if i can write my own
script /app around them.
--
Cheers!
kitts