Ripping audio cd's to mp3 etc

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Dec 5 21:04:35 GMT 2006

Hi
I'm tearing my hair out trying to get kaudiocreator up and running or grip for
that matter. What ever I put in the cd drive path configuration settings they
fail to detect an audio cd in the drive or fail to configure the drive.
KDE configure shows

Device                       Type      Mount Point
/dev/dvd                   subfs     /media/dvd
/dev/dvdrecorder      subfs     /media/dvdrecorder

The dvd is on a true scsi bus and the recorder is on the ide bus. Maybe this
is down to automount etc?
Any thoughts / solutions or other applications. Me new car hasn't got a cd
multiplayer so I thought I would try mp3's.

--
Regards
John