DCOP problem when running a kde app remotely(withDISPLAYredirect)

Com Pegasus-CC-Hotline pegasus-cc-hotline.com at siemens.com
Fri Aug 25 11:37:26 BST 2006

> Sounds always good to reduce dependencies.
> However even if you don't use DCOP,
> KDE still remains big. So I believe it'd be hard to find the smallest
set of
> real dependencies for a single app because you'd have to go through
all parts
> of KDE. Running a  single app is definitely not the target of Gnome &
KDE.

That's pretty easy: Usually it should work with copying the executable
plus copying all shared libs (as reported by ldd). Then you have
everything  you need - except any servers of course. This is working
with all X-apps, and it would be nice to be able to deal this way
with kde-apps too.

Thomas