DCOP problem when running a kde app remotely (withDISPLAYredirect)

Michel D'HOOGE list.dhooge at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 11:26:16 BST 2006

On Friday 25 August 2006 11:40, Com Pegasus-CC-Hotline wrote:
> Imho it would be a drastic improvement in terms of extended usage
> scenarios. After all it is about reducing mandatory dependencies,
> what is always a good one. (In this case dependencies to the environment.)
Sounds always good to reduce dependencies. However even if you don't use DCOP,
KDE still remains big. So I believe it'd be hard to find the smallest set of
real dependencies for a single app because you'd have to go through all parts
of KDE. Running a  single app is definitely not the target of Gnome & KDE.
--
Michel