DCOP problem when running a kde app remotely (withDISPLAYredirect)

Com Pegasus-CC-Hotline pegasus-cc-hotline.com at siemens.com
Fri Aug 25 10:40:31 BST 2006

Hello,

I completely understand your argument, but I see a
big benefit "nearly for free", if the already existing
dcopserver switch would allow an

  -dcopserver none

In the base class it would be a 5 minute go, but all
kde-apps would (sooner or later) have to take care of this
possibility, so instead of complaining and stopping, they
would just "not serve" some of their functionality, when
running without dcopserver.

Imho it would be a drastic improvement in terms of extended usage
scenarios. After all it is about reducing mandatory dependencies,
what is always a good one. (In this case dependencies to the environment.)

What do you think?

cu,
Thomas