DVD and DVD r/w drives reported as not existing

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Sep 20 19:36:58 BST 2005

Sorry about that folks. I am slightly confused too. The problem only occurs
with the dvd writer. Disc in or out. I get the error message "mount: special
device /dev/cdrecorder does not exist " what ever I do with it. The path is
reported as /dev/cdrecorder.

I HAVE just found the fix. The problem is that it's a dvd recorder not a cd
recorder. Everything is ok now that's been changed via the icon's properties.
I have no idea why this has suddenly happened.

Regards
John