Sending failed:

Denis Vlasenko vda at ilport.com.ua
Tue Sep 13 07:01:28 BST 2005

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 08:32, Mike Umorin wrote:
> Hello --
>
> I have just upgraded from KDE 3.3 to 3.4.0. Now when I
> try to send an e-mail via KMail I get the following
> error:
>
> Sending failed:
> Authorization failed, An error occured during
> authentication: SASL(-4): no mechanism available: No
> worthy mechs found authentication not supported
> The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you
> either fix the problem (e.g. a broken address) or
> remove the message from the 'outbox' folder.
> The following transport protocol was used:
> <Identity>
>
> I can still check for messages on the POP3 server that
> uses the same username and password as the SMTP
> server.  Server name has not changed.
>
> What is the problem? Can someone help me?

It's a cyrus_sasl issue. I was happening to me too.

I built kde at home and just copied binaries to work box.
It worked except for the problem you describe.

Unfortunately I brought cyrus_sasl's _source tree_ back from home
to my machine at work and ran make install, and everything
worked after this. IOW: I wasn't careful and wasted an opportunity
to find out which file (some conf file I guess) and where is created
by cyrus_sasl's make install.
--
vda