Sending failed:

Mike Umorin mikeumo at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 13 06:32:42 BST 2005

Hello --

I have just upgraded from KDE 3.3 to 3.4.0. Now when I
try to send an e-mail via KMail I get the following
error:

Sending failed:
Authorization failed, An error occured during
authentication: SASL(-4): no mechanism available: No
worthy mechs found authentication not supported
The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you
either fix the problem (e.g. a broken address) or
remove the message from the 'outbox' folder.
The following transport protocol was used:
<Identity>

I can still check for messages on the POP3 server that
uses the same username and password as the SMTP
server.  Server name has not changed.

What is the problem? Can someone help me?

Mike