Kmenuedit doesn't work

Richard W. Knight rick_knight at rlknight.com
Tue Oct 25 19:17:50 BST 2005

Hi,

I have two PCs running KDE-3.4 with Kubuntu-5.04. On one PC everything
works well, but on the other PC, I am unable to make changes to the KDE
menu. I can run kmenuedit from a konsole and everything seems to work,
but after closing kmenuedit and then clicking on K Menu, my changes do
not exist. No error message or any indication of a problem with
kmenuedit. I've tried changing kmenuedit to suid but that makes no
difference. I've compared the settings on the two PCs and I can't find
anything that can explain why I can't modify my menu on one of the PCs.
Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Thanks,
Rick Knight