Installation of F-prot

Erik Ohls eohls at welho.com
Thu Oct 13 19:39:33 BST 2005

torsdagen den 13 oktober 2005 14:35 skrev C. Beamer:
> >On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:45:22 +0100, Jack Eyton-Jones
> > <jack.eytonjones at btopenworld.com> wrote:
> >
> >Dear Sir,
> >I have downloaded the rpm file fp-linux-ws.rpm and clicked on the software
> >Installation and it installed OK. Trouble is where do I find the program
> > file to run the Antivirus scan? I tried typing f-prot in the Run command
> > but noth ing happened. I may add that I am an absolute beginner  to Linux
> > and I find executing the proper commands very complicated.
> >I would appreciate your help.
>
> I'm not sure what distro you are using except that it's rpm-based.  I no
> longer use an rpm-based distro.  However, on my system (Gentoo) and I'm
> pretty sure it was the same in Fedora Core when I used that, f-prot was
> installed in /opt.

The original FRISK rpms install everything exept the man-pages
in /usr/local/f-prot. They also create a link in /usr/local/bin to the
executable script f-prot.sh which starts the binary f-prot -- which means
that if /usr/local/bin is in the path the user doesn't have to bother about
making symlinks.
Erik