Installation of F-prot

C. Beamer cbeamer at interlynx.net
Thu Oct 13 12:35:40 BST 2005

>On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:45:22 +0100, Jack Eyton-Jones <jack.eytonjones at btopenworld.com> wrote:
>
>Dear Sir,
>I have downloaded the rpm file fp-linux-ws.rpm and clicked on the software
>Installation and it installed OK. Trouble is where do I find the program file
>to run the Antivirus scan? I tried typing f-prot in the Run command but noth
>ing happened. I may add that I am an absolute beginner  to Linux and I find
>executing the proper commands very complicated.
>I would appreciate your help.

I'm not sure what distro you are using except that it's rpm-based.  I no
longer use an rpm-based distro.  However, on my system (Gentoo) and I'm
pretty sure it was the same in Fedora Core when I used that, f-prot was
installed in /opt.  The executable is in /opt/f-prot/ If this is the
case on your system, you can either make sure that the /opt is in your
path or you can do what I did a create a symbolic link to the executable.

On my system, I changed directory to usr/bin, then typed:

ln -s /opt/f-prot/f-prot

You have to do this as root, of course.

Regards,

Colleen