kopete -> msn connectivity?

Bogus Zaba bogzab at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri May 13 02:10:35 BST 2005

Karel J. Bosschaart wrote:

>On Thursday 19 May 2005 16:50, daniel wrote:
>

>>is anyone else having issues connecting to msn w/ kopete?  while icq, aim
>>and jabber all seem to be working fine, msn keeps asking for my password.
>>i've check the password and i'm supplying the right one, so i have to
>>assume it's a client or network thing.  anyone else seeing this?
>>

>Yes, same thing here. I captured the packets to the msn server using ethereal
>and noticed the following line:
>
>CVR 1 6.2.0205 6.2.0205 6.2.0205
>http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/8/1/2817ceaf-2de7-48bc-b33c-5ad924ae93e7/EN/SetupDL.exe
>http://messenger.msn.com
>
>It looks to me that the msn server is suggesting an upgrade of the client. The
>same problem happens with kmess, although kmess suggests a problem with the
>server instead of asking for a password.
>
>Karel.

Yes, problem with me too - but only* as of today. *Yesterday (certainly
the day before) I had a perfectly regujlar connection from Kopete to
MSN. I seem to recall a similar problem a few months ago which turned
out to be an MSN server problem and regular MSN users with MS software
were also having trouble connecting.

Bogus Zaba