kopete -> msn connectivity?

Karel J. Bosschaart karelj at kayjay.nl
Thu May 19 16:20:23 BST 2005

On Thursday 19 May 2005 16:50, daniel wrote:
> is anyone else having issues connecting to msn w/ kopete?  while icq, aim
> and jabber all seem to be working fine, msn keeps asking for my password.
> i've check the password and i'm supplying the right one, so i have to
> assume it's a client or network thing.  anyone else seeing this?

Yes, same thing here. I captured the packets to the msn server using ethereal
and noticed the following line:

CVR 1 6.2.0205 6.2.0205 6.2.0205
http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/8/1/2817ceaf-2de7-48bc-b33c-5ad924ae93e7/EN/SetupDL.exe
http://messenger.msn.com

It looks to me that the msn server is suggesting an upgrade of the client. The
same problem happens with kmess, although kmess suggests a problem with the
server instead of asking for a password.

Karel.