Anbody having problems with id3 tags/mp3 metadata?

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Sun May 8 03:33:59 BST 2005

On Sat, 7 May 2005 19:47:59 +0200
Lauri Watts <lauri at kde.org> wrote:

> On Saturday 07 May 2005 19.06, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> > Hello, Everyone
> > I am at a loss on this one, since everything I am about to describe
> > used to "Just Work"  As a result, I don't know where to start to
> > diagnose this.
> > I do apologize for not having more information for you, but like I
> > said, this has always just worked for me.  Ooop, almost forgot - the
> > row in Konqueror which would have the columns labeled appropriately
> > for displaying id3 metadata in Info List view, reads thusly:
> > Filename   Length   Resolution   Video Codec   Audio Codec
>
> Do you have kplayer installed out of kdeextragear? I noticed the
> other day that it causes exactly this and meant to file a bug.  It's
> grabbing *.mp3 files as one of it's own, uninstalling it (actually
> just removing it's .desktop files I think) makes it stop that.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Lauri Watts

Hello, Lauri :)
I haven't had a chance yet to find out for sure if doing what you did
would fix my problem.  I did do the following:
1. Recompiled extragear/multimedia
2. cd'd into kplayer and ran "make uninstall"  Unfortunately, I got the
following error:
	make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'.  Stop.

3. I went to "kcontrol | KDE Components | File Associations" and,
believe it or not, went through every entry and deleted every occurrence
of "KPlayer"
4. I also went to "/usr/local/kde-cvs/share/applnk/Multimedia" and
deleted KPlayer's *.desktop file.

This does not appear to have fixed my problem.
While I am re-compiling extragear/multimedia again, I will get two
screenshots to show you exactly what I wished I wasn't seeing :)
http://www.afolkey2.net/snapshot1.png
http://www.afolkey2.net/snapshot2.png

Also, id3v2 -l on the same mp3 featured in both screenshots shows the
following:
 id3v1 tag info for 02 - You've Got To Bear The Consequence - The Abyssinian Baptist Gospel Choir.mp3:
Title  : You've Got To bear The Consequ  Artist: The Abyssinian Baptist Gospel
Album  : Shakin' The Rafters      	 Year: 1960, Genre: Gospel (38)
Comment:                                 Track: 2

Right now I'm recompiling extragear/multimedia again, with the intent
of uninstalling kplayer.  Hopefully the issues with the four KDE
modules in anonymous SVN will be rectified soon so I can download a
fresh copy of kdelibs and extragear, and try from their.  Until then,
I will look to see if you have filed a bug report yet, and I will add
my comments and screenshots.

Have a Great Day,
Steven P. Ulrick

P.S.: If I misunderstood what you did to fix your problem, please let
me know and I'll try again :)