Anbody having problems with id3 tags/mp3 metadata?

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Sat May 7 18:47:59 BST 2005

On Saturday 07 May 2005 19.06, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> Hello, Everyone
> I am at a loss on this one, since everything I am about to describe
> used to "Just Work"  As a result, I don't know where to start to
> diagnose this.
> I do apologize for not having more information for you, but like I
> said, this has always just worked for me.  Ooop, almost forgot - the
> row in Konqueror which would have the columns labeled appropriately for
> displaying id3 metadata in Info List view, reads thusly:
> Filename   Length   Resolution   Video Codec   Audio Codec

Do you have kplayer installed out of kdeextragear? I noticed the other day
that it causes exactly this and meant to file a bug.  It's grabbing *.mp3
files as one of it's own, uninstalling it (actually just removing
it's .desktop files I think) makes it stop that.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts
KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org