Anbody having problems with id3 tags/mp3 metadata? - RESOLVED

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Sun May 8 10:10:49 BST 2005

On Sat, 7 May 2005 21:33:59 -0500
"Steven P. Ulrick" <ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 7 May 2005 19:47:59 +0200
> Lauri Watts <lauri at kde.org> wrote:
>
> > On Saturday 07 May 2005 19.06, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> > > Hello, Everyone
> > > I am at a loss on this one, since everything I am about to
> > > describe used to "Just Work"  As a result, I don't know where to
> > > start to diagnose this.

> > Do you have kplayer installed out of kdeextragear? I noticed the
> > other day that it causes exactly this and meant to file a bug.  It's
> > grabbing *.mp3 files as one of it's own, uninstalling it (actually
> > just removing it's .desktop files I think) makes it stop that.
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Lauri Watts

Hello, Lauri :)
I went back and recompiled extragear.  This time I did something that I
did not do the last time - I ran "unsermake install", cd'd into
extragear/multimedia/kplayer, and THEN ran "unsermake uninstall" in the
"kplayer" directory.  Then "Selected mp3 file | Right Click |
Properties | Metadata" and Voila, all was well :)  Then I changed the
directory to "Info List" view, and all was well there as well :)
If this isn't corrected soon in SVN, and you need to file a bug report
on it, please let me know what the bug number is, and I will add my $.02

Thank you very much,
Steven P. Ulrick

Thank you very much