Konqueror not allowed in kdevelop.org?

龍神 ryujin_ssdt at yahoo.co.jp
Thu May 5 20:37:03 BST 2005

I just tried to enter the kdevelop.org page and it answered me this:

Not Implemented
The software that you used to access this site used an empty User Agent
string, that means that it did not identify itself. This is usually a sign of
automated e-mail harvesters, unpolite mirroring tools and automated guestbook
posters. In case you are a legitimate human user interested in KDevelop using
a normal browser (one that sends it's User Agent string) then we apologize
for this inconvenience, but like you, we enjoy our privacy, therefore we ask
you to configure your software correctly.
Non complience with this rule will get you banned (blocked) from this site.

As I understand this is because konqueror is not sending the browser
identification so I entered the configuration and made sure the Send
Identification check box was checked in the Browser Identification part.
So it is configured and I tried again to enter kdevelop.org to get this
answer:

Forbidden
You are a bad robot!
 This might have been caused by different things, such as any of the
following:
 You tried to brute force attack KDevelop.org by inventing non existing or
invalid URLs.
 You did not follow the robots.txt rules.
 You did not follow the <meta name="robots" content="..."> rules.
 You did not identify yourself as being a robot. You impersonated Mozilla, IE
or firefox although you are a robot.
If you have misbehaved too many times your access to KDevelop.org will be
forbidden forever, otherwise just for the next eight minutes. So do not try
to access this page too many times on a row.
In case you are a legitimate human user interested in KDevelop using a normal
browser then we apologize for this inconvenience, but like you, we enjoy our
privacy, so we have a right to block automated e-mail harvesters, unpolite
mirroring tools and automated guestbook posters. To be removed from the bad
robots blacklist you can send an e-mail to this spamassassin protected e-mail
webmaster  kdevelop.org with your IP address () explaining why do you find
KDevelop such a great tool ;) .

So how do I should configure Konqueror to be able to access kdevelop homepage
without getting Banned??  or am I banned already?

thanks,
Ryujin