Konqueror not allowed in kdevelop.org?

Christian Mueller cmueller at gmx.de
Thu May 5 12:12:01 BST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 5. Mai 2005 21:37 schrieb 龍神:

> > The software that you used to access this site used an empty User Agent
> > string, that means that it did not identify itself.

> So how do I should configure Konqueror to be able to access kdevelop homepage
> without getting Banned??  or am I banned already?

I cannot comment on the kdevelop.org anti-bot measure, how it works
and if you're banned.

But konqueror *does* send a User Agent so it's not a general problem.
Works for me, and certainly for most other people.  :)

Are you using a filtering proxy, like an external ad blocker?  Privoxy or
Junkbuster can be configured to strip out or forge the user agent string.
That might cause the problem.
An easy check would be to temporarily disbable it (Tools -> HTML Settings)
and to try kdevelop.org again.

Christian.