How to enable the old kicker icon-zoom effect in KDE 3.4?

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Thu Mar 24 15:26:34 GMT 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 04:22 am, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> What I am suggesting is that the KDE community, not one developer, needs
> to make usability decisions.  If you can't see that, then you represent
> my remarks.

In my understanding it is the developer community and the kde usability group
that makes such decisions.
I dont know what patch you had that was rejected but if it was then it was
done so by your peers. Many patches are rejected for many reasons. I cant
force any problem with the new tooltips and I have multiple panels, hidden
and unhidden. Even if I cover most of kicker with a window and point to the
fraction of the icon showing the tooltip still appears on top.

    Can you elaborate? ( I couldn't find any bug report for it) Cant you use
the new windows behaviour settings to force the response you want?

--
regards,
andrew