Kmail problems

Christian Mueller cmueller at gmx.de
Wed Mar 23 20:15:00 GMT 2005

Am Mittwoch, 23. März 2005 20:11 schrieb Waitangi:
> Hello everybody
>
> Actually I have a problem konfiguring Kmail (the last thing where I
> supposed to get problems :-))
>
> I have 2 accounts, let's say user1 and user2
>
> Server returns message "Sender adress rejected: not owned by user1"...!!!
> I know what is the problem, but i just don't know how to configure Kmail.
>
> I have 2 users 2 outgoing and incoming locations.
> I can even choose while editing message who's sending it,
> The same message appears, when I try to send mail from user1 account, and
>  from user2 account.
>
> I have no problems with incoming messages.
> Each user has it's own direcory.
>
> Any clues???
>
> Regards,
> Pawel

You can configure each of the two identities to use different "transports"
(It's on the "Advanced" tab, "Special Transport").  This gives you the
possibility to have each sender address use its "own" outgoing server.

If you don't specify the transport it will use the default
outgoing server which may not work if the mail server checks the sender
address to prevent address spoofing.

You may want to check those settings for the two identities.

Christian.