settings won't stay 'stuck' in KDE

Craig Hagerman craighagerman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 05:47:28 GMT 2005

Hi,
I have a strange problem. Basically, settings won't stay 'stuck' in
KDE. For example, I set up KDE with 8 virtual desktops... but this
defaults back to 4 on a reboot. I assign default applications to open
certain files... and they don't stay that way. Every time I reboot,
the sound settings (alsamixer) are at zero and I have to turn them up.
(Won't stay put.) etc. etc. etc. This seems to be across the board.I
think there is some permissions problem somewhere but I don't know
where to look or what to do.

I tried running gnome instead, and all of this weirdness disappeared.
However, I prefer KDE. Any idea what could be wrong here?

Craig

(Debian AMD64 unstable)