multiple window managers and KDM

Paul Kaplan pkaplan1 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 2 10:45:01 GMT 2005

If you have enough RAM, you can try running your other WMs on other virtual
terminals.

While logged into KDE (presumably on VT0), Alt+Ctrl+F2 to go to VT1.  At the
command line, login as any user...you could even create a test user account.

Open the WM by "startx <wm> -- :1" (no quotes).  You can use up to 2-5 for a
total of six VTs.  That should start a second X session with the named wm in
the terminal.

From the VT command line Alt+F1 thru F6 to get to the command line of VTs 0-5.
From an X session, Alt+Ctrl+F7 thru F12 to get to other X sessions running on
VTs 0-5.  From a  VT command line, Alt+F7 thru F12 to get to those X
sessions.

HTH
Paul