multiple window managers and KDM

Rob van Riel robvr at mail.com
Wed Mar 2 09:26:16 GMT 2005

I'd like to take a bunch of small window managers for a test drive.
The text at
http://docs.kde.org/en/3.3/kdebase/kdm/different-window-managers-with-kdm.html
explains how to get the new manager to start (which was relatively obvious after
inspection some of the configuration files anyway), but it doesn't explain how to
add the new managers to the Session Type drop down. It refers to a [KDM] section
in kdmrc, but although the file it there, the section is not. It also links to
http://docs.kde.org/en/3.3/kdebase/kdm/KDM
for further info on this configuration, but this is a dead link.

I know its possible, but I can't figure out how. Help? Anyone? Please?

Rob