KGet and automatic reconnect to paswword protected FTP sites - how to ?

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Wed Mar 2 17:57:58 GMT 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:40 am, Izo wrote:
> Is KGet capable of reconnecting to the password protected FTP sites
> hosted by FTP servers which regularly disconnect client connections ?

All ftp sites disconnect client connections if they are inactive for a period
of time. Kget will reconnect upto X times (set in preferences) on a login or
broken connection error.
I haven't tried it but I would imagine that kget allows the normal net
procedure of putting the username and password as part of the Url.

--
regards,
andrew