Howto create a konqueror file property extension

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Mar 1 08:32:17 GMT 2005

On Saturday 26 February 2005 01:13, Rick Wagner wrote:
> I am trying to create my first add-on to konqueror.  Using existing service
> menu ".desktop" files, I was able to create a simple service menu to
> display the id3 tags of a MP3 file.
>
> Two problems: First I was able to make it an action. I think I would like
> to make it a preview, not action (action to me implies altering the file).

Action means it has to be triggered by the user, it not necessarily alters the
file. (for example putting into an archive would be an action but wouldn't
alter the file itself)

> Second, I would much rather it appear as a tab on the properties for the
> file.

There is a special plugin API for that
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/3.3-api/kio/html/classKFileMetaInfo.html

I am pretty sure a plugin for mp3 ID3 tags is already available, depending on
your distribution it could be in a special package for multimedia related KDE
things.

Cheers,
Kevin

--