how to run mp3 in RHEL 3

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Mar 1 08:36:29 GMT 2005

On Saturday 26 February 2005 07:10, regatta wrote:

> My users asking me if it possible to run mp3 , flash, wmv  in Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux 3 (kdebase-3.1.3-5.5)  , is it possible to do that
> (for example using Noatun ) without installing any utilities ? or I
> have to install some plug ins ?

You might find compatible packages on the KDE for Red Hat Linux site:
http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/ or at least get some help on their
mailinglist.

The software is capable of doing it, Redhat removed the respective
functionality from their offifical packages to not risk any conflict with
respective patent holders.

Cheers,
Kevin
--