replacing su with sudo to allow users administrative tasks

itlistuser at rapideye.de itlistuser at rapideye.de
Tue Jun 28 06:59:03 BST 2005

Hi James,

thanks for your answer.

It happens when I open the Control Manager and go to the YaST2 modules to
configure some hardware and so on. The same if I go to the system
administration -> login manager and want to access the administration mode.

also when i am in the kwifimanager and when i try to change the wireless
settings it asks for the root password.

sudo would allow me a very fine grained access control to administrative tasks
vi the /etc/sudoers file instead of handing out the root password.
so if i could replace it would be great.

kind regards
sebastian