kicker application buttons( may be a bug)

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jun 11 19:24:31 BST 2005

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 07:40 am, Georgi Ivanov wrote:
> I think the app icon should be linked to the menu entry if it is taken form
> there.
> If one drag&drop app icon from  someware else it is a different case .

That really doesn't make much sense. If you right click on the panel and
choose "Add to Panel/Application" It is quite clear that you are ADDING, ie;
making a copy of it, not a link to it.
Or in the menu you can right-click a program and choose "Add to main panel",
Still, quite clearly you are ADDING (therefore copying) it.
Or you can drag and drop it from the menu in which case it has a little plus
sign to signify that you are once again ADDING it. Unlike a normal
drag-n-drop it does NOT let you change the plus to a link symbol nor ask you
if you want to copy/link.

--
regards,
andrew