Window sizes

Bob Stia rnr at sanctum.com
Sat Jun 11 04:34:47 BST 2005

Hello KDE people,

Need to know how to change the default size of an application window
when it opens.

Recenly changed my monitor and now run at 1600 x 1200.  The old monitor
ran at a much lesser resolution. On the old setup when I opened an app
like Kongueror the window would fill about 2/3 of the screen. I liked
that.

Now under the new setup the app opens up as a small window ( much less
than a 1/4 of screen area. Can't see much of what is in it because of
the small size and I have to maximize it or drag the window out.

So, the question is how do I get the apps to open initially with a much
larger size, but not full screen?

Bob S.