Window sizes

Jes Hall jes.hall at kdemail.net
Sat Jun 11 06:07:49 BST 2005

On Saturday 11 June 2005 15:34, Bob Stia wrote:
> Hello KDE people,
>
> Need to know how to change the default size of an application window
> when it opens.
>
> Recenly changed my monitor and now run at 1600 x 1200.  The old monitor
> ran at a much lesser resolution. On the old setup when I opened an app
> like Kongueror the window would fill about 2/3 of the screen. I liked
> that.
>
> Now under the new setup the app opens up as a small window ( much less
> than a 1/4 of screen area. Can't see much of what is in it because of
> the small size and I have to maximize it or drag the window out.
>
> So, the question is how do I get the apps to open initially with a much
> larger size, but not full screen?
>
> Bob S.

Most KDE applications will automatically remember their window size. Konqueror
requires you to save this in it's view profile. Resize your Konqueror window
to the size you want, and then select Settings -> Save View Profile
<profilename...>

In this dialog, tick 'Save window size in profile' and click on Save.

Konqueror will also remember the webpage or folder you are visiting when you
click Save, so if you're changing the Web Browsing profile go to the page you
want the browser to use as the default startup first, and if you're in the
File Management profile go to your home directory.

--
JH

KDE Frequently Asked Questions
http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdebase/faq

panic("esp_handle: current_SC == penguin within interrupt!");