konqueror - semiautomatic page encoding

Christian Mueller cmueller at gmx.de
Tue Jul 12 22:52:06 BST 2005

Am Dienstag, 12. Juli 2005 23:42 schrieb Thomas Astleitner:
> hello there;
>
> i'm not sure to be right at this place, i haven't found a konqueror list.

There is the list kfm-devel.

> my problem is that i have a html page which has the following head tag:
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=utf-8">
> as you can see, we have a charset utf-8.
> but when i open that page with konqueror (v3.4.1) and take a look at the page
> informations, konqueror is in the idea that it is a iso-8859-1 coded page!

In these page informations, do you see an HTTP header like this?

If that's the case then your web server is misconfigured
and sends bogus information.

Another way to check this:
Is your problem also there if the html page is loaded
from your local disk, without web server?

Best regards,
Christian Müller.