konqueror - semiautomatic page encoding

Thomas Astleitner list at streife.com
Tue Jul 12 22:42:22 BST 2005

hello there;

i'm not sure to be right at this place, i haven't found a konqueror list.

my problem is that i have a html page which has the following head tag:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=utf-8">
as you can see, we have a charset utf-8.
but when i open that page with konqueror (v3.4.1) and take a look at the page
informations, konqueror is in the idea that it is a iso-8859-1 coded page!

in the settings of konq, i have selected semiautomatic identification of the
charset. so what's the problem for konqueror to detect when i tell him
exactly what's up?

thanks for help!
thomas