Missing help pages

roach robert_spencer at mighty.co.za
Mon Jul 11 21:02:58 BST 2005

On Thursday 07 July 2005 22:47, Philip Rodrigues wrote:
> If you can explain the situation more fully, I'll
> provide more detailed instructions for one of these options.

I have a lot of notes on different application's and wondered if there was an
easy way to combine that information with the existing help files.

I thought of the wiki as a way to do that, as I need to organise my thought
and notes before submitting them. I also thought it would be nice if the help
system was based on a wiki and the end user could add notes as they learn.

The closest I've ever come to that was when I was writing help files on MS
Windows 3.1 and could add short notes to the help file. I can't remember the
menu entry but the result was a small green paper-clip in the top left-hand
side of the page. When I came to that page again in the future I'd see that
I'd added something and read it, i.e. there was a relationship between the
help page and the note.

I hope this makes my thoughts clearer.

All the best.

--