KDE prevents system from shutting down?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Jan 24 03:40:59 GMT 2005

On Sunday 23 January 2005 21:32, Andy Teijelo PĂ©rez wrote:

> Like you said, it might be a problem in the applications. Each one should
> take care of closing when the user requests the system to shutdown. But
> anyway, as Esben has already said on this thread, KDE should give a timeout
> to these dialogs, so the user doesn't have to be babysitting the shutdown
> process.

There could be something wrong with the way the system handles the shutdown.
Once my system reaches the state where it kills all processes there is no way
for an application to block this, the KILL signal can't be caught and
ignored.

KDE apps won't be alive at that stage anyway, because the X server has shut
down before and loosing the connection to the X server usually kills all
common X clients due to the implementations of their toolkits.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>