Luxi Mono and recent KDE

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 23:20:57 GMT 2005

Hi,
(Disclaimer: Fonts on X are a complete black art to me, and this is mostly
random guessing on my part. If it helps you at all, please write it up as a
FAQ and send it to faq at kde.org for inclusion in the KDE FAQ).

You might want to try playing around with ~/.xftconfig. Something like the
following in that file might get you somewhere:

match any family == "fixed"  edit family =+ "mono";

Alternatively, try swapping "mono" and "fixed". I can't find much useful
information about what can go in xftconfig, but there's a sample file at:
http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~jbyrne/config/xfree86/XftConfig
which at least gives you an idea.

Regards,
Philip