Installing parallel version of KDE for testing development version (3.4)

rec.sea at btopenworld.com rec.sea at btopenworld.com
Sat Jan 8 16:50:42 GMT 2005

Dear friends,

we have some questions about Installing parallel version of KDE for testing
developmen version

1)How do you carry out a parallel installation? We would like to have a stable
installation (kde 3.3.2), and a separate installation of kde 3.4. We would
like to start KDE 3.4 on request at login, for instance, as we can select
another DM like gnome.

2)Which are the base packages we MUST install? Can we avoid installing the
kde-i18n-xxxxx package (it is large and we have slow connection)?

Thanks in advance