kaddressbook losing contacts.

Christian Mueller cmueller at gmx.de
Sat Feb 26 04:45:44 GMT 2005

Am Samstag, 26. Februar 2005 00:24 schrieb Christian Einfeldt:
> Has anyone else had this problem?  Kaddressbook occasionally loses
> all my contacts.  Fortunately, I save my contacts on a regular
> basis by exporting to a .csv file, but still I have to take the
> time to re-import the contacts, which results in me having to label
> each of the categories individually (name, address, mobile phone,
> fax, etc, there are about 18 categories or so).
>
> Any tips on this strange behavior would be appreciated.

Fortunately, I haven't experienced the problem you described yet
and I don't know why that happens.

Have you checked http://bugs.kde.org/?  Have you reported the problem
if it's not already there?  Data loss is a very severe issue and
I think the developers would *very* much like to know about it.

But as a workaround:
Why don't you backup the original addressbook instead of the
.csv exports?   That would save you the re-import...
Myself, I'm even keeping that data on a CVS server,
but that's only me.

Christian.