I think kwrite just made me reboot

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Feb 8 03:23:00 GMT 2005

Greetings;

I hadn't used kwrite in a while, and needed to compose a note to print
on the back of a form.  On entering my text, I selected the printer,
then canceled and dropped the font from 24 point to 12 (I run
1600x1200 screens here) and then reselected the printer.  It printed
just fine, but left cups sitting at 99.9% of the cpu.  Killing cups
and restarting it brought it right back to virtually locking the
machine.  So I finished what I was doing at some great length, and
rebooted.

Then I remembered, I can print from virtually everything else but
kwrite, and it just bit me again.  This is kde 3.3.0.  Is there, or
was there a bug report on this?  Or do I have a configuration mucked
someplace?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)