possibly messed-up permissions from GLOcean

s s greatredshark at yahoo.ca
Sat Feb 5 18:43:24 GMT 2005

> > I don't know how you got where you are with this
> (self-installed packages,
> > etc.) but 2 things that I've had to learn the hard
> way recently are as
> > follows:
> >
> > - $KDEDIR/bin/kcheckpass needs to be owned by root
> and SUID
> > - /etc/pam.d/kde needs to be correct (like
> this...)
> >
> > #%PAM-1.0
> > auth       required     pam_stack.so
> service=system-auth
> > auth       required     pam_nologin.so
> > auth       sufficient   pam_timestamp.so
> > account    required     pam_stack.so
> service=system-auth
> > password   required     pam_stack.so
> service=system-auth
> > session    required     pam_stack.so
> service=system-auth
> > session    optional     pam_timestamp.so
> > session    optional     pam_selinux.so
> > session    optional     pam_c
> >
> > Hope this helps!!  =:)
>
> Actually, be VERY careful about the use of the above
> mentioned PAM config
> file. Unless your distribution is using SELinux, or
> has SELinux support, you
> should omit the session optional pam_selinux.so line
> from the above.

don't worry! I don't even have /etc/pam.d/kde
RE: kcheckpass must be owned by SUID. I don't have a
SUID user. or a SUID group. Did you mean sudo?
I don't think kcheckpass was ever in my sudo list
before.
Here's my permissions on kcheckpass:
ls -l kcheckpass
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 10080 2004-12-18 21:42 kcheckpass*