possibly messed-up permissions from GLOcean

Jes Hall jes.hall at kdemail.net
Sat Feb 5 21:38:17 GMT 2005

> don't worry! I don't even have /etc/pam.d/kde
> RE: kcheckpass must be owned by SUID. I don't have a
> SUID user. or a SUID group. Did you mean sudo?
> I don't think kcheckpass was ever in my sudo list
> before.
> Here's my permissions on kcheckpass:
> ls -l kcheckpass
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 10080 2004-12-18 21:42 kcheckpass*

You'll need to SETUID root your kcheckpass binary. You can do this by issuing
the command (as root)

chmod +s /path/to/kcheckpass

This lets it have root privilages, else it can't access /etc/shadow to
authenticate you :)

--
JH

KDE frequently asked questions:
http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdebase/faq/

panic("esp_handle: current_SC == penguin within interrupt!");