How can I get KDE to leave the background alone?

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vR at movingparts.net
Fri Feb 4 11:53:27 GMT 2005

On Friday 04 February 2005 06:45, stan wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 11:08:56AM +0100, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Friday 04 February 2005 01:47, stan wrote:
[snip]

> If I set "no picture", and set the bacgrround to black, then when I
> run the cdop script, it pops up the requested picture breifly, then
> writed black over it.
>
> What might I be doing wrong?

Is it a timing issue, maybe?  What happens if you run your script _after_
kdesktop has had time to come up and set its background to whatever it wants?
If that works and what you're trying to do is set the background when kde
starts, then maybe you need to have your script sleep for 10 seconds (or
whatever you find that works) and then run the dcop command to set the
background?

--

 `
 ,