How can I get KDE to leave the background alone?

stan stanb at panix.com
Fri Feb 4 11:45:33 GMT 2005

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 11:08:56AM +0100, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Friday 04 February 2005 01:47, stan wrote:
>
> > However, when I try it from the command line it, like my script, gets
> > imeaditly overwritten by something else KDE is doing.
>
> Strange.
>
> > How should I have the settins in control panel to make this work?
>
> Try to set KDE to no wallpaper.

Thanks.

That's where I'm running into dificulty. I can set "No Picture",
but that just enables the bacground color panel, which does not seem to
have a "None" choice in the list. Am I missing something here? Do I need
to find something like transparent.gif, and add it to the directory
that the list is read from?

If I set "no picture", and set the bacgrround to black, then when I
run the cdop script, it pops up the requested picture breifly, then
writed black over it.

What might I be doing wrong?

> There is also an option to have an external program do the background, but if
> you can use DCOP to set the wallpaper on KDesktop it will be better.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin
>
> --
> Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>